Blogging is a great way to log your ideas, opinions and experiences regarding any subject that you strongly feel for. When blogging began it was just a means of expressing oneself but over time the purpose of blogging has undergone a phenomenal change. Today blogging has come to be a great marketing tool and the next step to creating a blog is to begin efforts for diverting traffic to your blog.
1. “Writing often” is a common advice that most bloggers come across. The reason why it is a popular advice is due to the fact that it is based on the assumption that posting often demonstrates that you are committed to what you do. This results in visitors and readers coming back to your blog to see and read about what you’re up to.
Now there are some traits that a Blogger must have while writing content.
2. Keep it Personal: A blog is most successful when it is kept personal. Try to include personal experiences which relates to the topic of your blog entry. Stay away from the business style of writing. Write with a more personal style and use first-person narratives.
Check out this video for more how to write content for your websites
3. Interact with Your Visitors: You should begin interacting with your visitors. Create a regular theme such as: “Monday Money Tip” or “Picture of the Week” which entices your readers to look forward to each week. Give your readers advance notice about a product, service, or topic which you are going to review and then talk about later.
4. Update Daily (nothing less) This step is a must and not a suggestion. Updating your blog daily not only keeps your blog more interesting to readers, but it also gives your blog fresh content on a day to day making it more appealing to search engines.
5. Short & Concise Aside from the lengthy article a week for syndication and publication your blog entries should be short & concise (if you can help it). Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule and you have no choice but to blog lengthy entries, but try to avoid this as much as possible. Visitors like to easily find information and skim through your entries.
6. Use Keywords in your Content: You must learn to use the right keywords – all the contents of your blogs should have the right or appropriate keywords. Effective blogging can also place your internet business among the top searches in the results of search engines.
Check out this article for more tips on how to write a good blog content
7. Digital Art: Try to include non-advertising graphics, pictures, photos, and art in your blog entries. Not too much. Graphics can sometimes bring your blog to life. Of course, the content of the blog is the most important aspect and you do not want to overshadow your content with graphics but displaying graphics can add a bit of spice to the blog.
8. Once you have given it enough time and have enough traffic, make your Blog Professional! What are you still doing with that free blog hosting service? It is time to upgrade to a domain hosted solution. You need to get a web host and choose a domain name for your blog then check its availability. – So, Move on to a personalised Paid blog.
I guess it’s time to execute the above – All the best