Top Blogging Tips for Creating a Must-Read Blog!
There is poor content spread out all over the Internet. Yawn-inspiring blog
posts are a dime a dozen. The stock photography is so boring you want to
pull your hair out.
If you want to create a ‘must-read’ blog, then make it stand for something.
You should be an authority for whatever your blog is about. That means
never rehashing old content that is already saturating the web.
How to Keep Your Readers Coming Back Time and Again
Being an authority can sometimes be a boring place. If you mishandle it you can create a total catastrophe. You will never win friends by keeping yourself on some kind of high-horse and lecturing them. They should be treated the same as you. Everybody is on an even keel.
Keep your readers motivated, energized, and inspired.
Work at being a great mentor. Empathize with them, try to understand where they’re coming from, and help them find solutions to their problems.
Don’t diminish your most valuable information and tips by listing them beneath very drab subheads. Your subheads need to be vibrant, strong, and appealing. They should appeal to your reader’s curiosity.
Let your readers get to know the real you.
Share little insights into your life while remaining focused on how you can help your readers. Sprinkle short little questions throughout your content. That makes if feel more like your readers are involved in a conversation and not a lecture.
Inspire your readers when you write your closing paragraph.
Sum up the problem and state the solution to clarify the point of your blog post.
Practice the art of infusing your ideas into the minds of your readers. As the writer you have a lot of control over the interaction taking place between you and them.
Create a voice that is uniquely you.
Your readers should be able to recognize your writing style whenever they come across it, and know what you mean and why you say things the way you do. Add personality to your posts.
You are not selling, you are having a conversation. Their decision to buy will spring from a feeling of trust and confidence in you. Work every day on polishing your written communication skills. Create ideas that are worth writing about and never be afraid of being unique.
8 Major Focus Point for Making Yourself an Authority:
1. Develop a strong opinion and don’t be afraid to say it the way you think it. A true leader stands his/her ground.
2. Leave out the ifs, buts, and maybes. Avoid saying ‘in my opinion’ because it is naturally your opinion if you’re the one writing the post.
3. Don’t waste people’s time with posts that are shallow or plain common sense. You want to add value to the conversation and not fill it with generic babble.
4. Don’t use the ‘free stuff’ ploy that many bloggers do. What you want to give away free is good solid ideas and unique information. Those are the things that will generate loyal customers.
5. Drop names of heavy hitters. It doesn’t hurt to add some clout to your posts by quoting industry experts. It shows you’re on top of things in your area of expertise.
6. Never try to impress people with big, hard to pronounce words. Write things in simple language that anyone can understand.
7. Take advantages of case studies and relevant examples. They help to breathe life into your content.
8. Show up on a regular basis with good quality content.
When you are generous with your advice and ideas, potential clients are going to find your blog and then purchase your products.
Be passionate about your blog and readers will respond to you.