Digital Marketing is a very broad term – so lets tone it down – I always like explaining Digital Marketing in Comparison to Traditional – so here are a few advantages Vs traditional which will help you understand Digital Marketing :-
Understanding Digital Marketing with Traditional Marketing Methods :
1) Traditional Marketing is expensive compared to Digital Marketing. In traditional marketing you end up paying a lot of money on billboards,newspaper ads, magazine ads and so on. But in digital marketing you spend much lesser amount as compared to what you spend on Traditional marketing.
2) In traditional media you cannot target only your local audience. But in Digital marketing you can specifically target your local audience and can also decide on how many meters or kilometers of radius you want to target.
3) Through digital marketing you can target customers worldwide through your social media platforms, google adwords, youtube advertisement videos and so on. But in Traditional Marketing you can’t do that through radio, newspaper or billboard ads.
4) Through digital marketing you can measure your metrics, your conversion rate, your bounce rate and get to know your ROI (Return On Investment). But through through traditional marketing you can measure or know how many people have viewed your ads on newspaper or how many people have seen your advertisement on the television or have many people have seen your billboard ads.
5) Digital Marketing gives you the freedom to :- You have the option of opting out of those promoted advertisements and skip those ads on social media platforms like facebook and youtube ads. you have the option of opting out of those conversation on promoted ads and promoted tweets. But you don’t have such options on traditional marketing. There you will end up seeing those ads on magazines or newspapers or the ads displayed on trains and on buses.
6) Through Digital marketing you can actually have a one on one conversation via social media platforms like facebook, twitter and instagram. but through traditional media immediate effective conversation wouldn’t be possible.
7) Through digital marketing you can effectively market your products and services by targeting mobile , tab or desktop users. Through traditional marketing there is a complete disadvantage when compared to digital marketing.
What is SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING ?
1. Social media marketing is a powerful way for businesses of all sizes to reach prospects and customers. – Social media- Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest are used for Marketing. In an average, People spend at least 90 Minutes a day on Social Media. These platforms can be used to bring in a new brand, spread awareness, build trust and also lead to sales.
2. Social Media marketing can be organic or paid. Organic spread needs very good content for the word to spread. Paid ads could be run using the best selected target audience for good results.
3. Most Social media platforms have built-in data analytics tools, which enable companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns.
4. Great marketing on social media can bring remarkable success to your business with social media we can devote brand advocates & even drive leads and sales.