Steps to Convert your Website Visitors into Followers with Facebook Remarketing
If you follow online marketing benchmarks closely, you might already know that only a small percentage of first-time website visitors actually end up engaging with your brand.
Luckily, you can provide these elusive visitors a second chance to interact with your business with Facebook remarketing, and today we’re going to show you how to create a remarketing campaign to generate new business leads on Facebook!
Steps to Setting Facebook Remarketing:
1. Creating A Facebook Pixel
Facebook Remarketing works by tracking website visitors back to Facebook, where you will show them your ads. To track website visitors, you have to install a tracking code called “Facebook Pixel” on your website.
Start on the ads manager. Click on the main menu icon on the top-left, and then click on the “pixels” option under “measure and report”. Now click on the “add new data source” button and select “Facebook pixel”. Enter a name for your new Facebook pixel in the “pixel name” field and click on “create”. Your new Facebook pixel is ready. Now you have to install it on your website.
2. Installing The Facebook Pixel On Your Website
- Now click on “manually install the code yourself”. Now click on the Facebook Pixel code on this screen to copy it to your clipboard.
- You will need administrative access to your website’s code to install the Facebook pixel between the “<head>” and “</head>” tags. In this lesson we are going to install the Facebook Pixel on a WordPress website.
- Now go back to Facebook, enter your website’s URL in the “send test traffic to your pixel” field and click on the “send test traffic” button. Your Facebook pixel is now active on your website. Click on “continue”.
- You can now “add the events you’d like to track”. To track an event, you simply have to activate it on this screen and install the event code on your website. In this example, we are going to activate “view content”.
- Activate the event, copy the event code, and go back to your website’s theme header code. Paste the event code right below the “</head>” tag. Click on “update file” after adding the event code.
3. Adding Website Visitors To A Custom Audience
- You can start adding the website visitors that you track on your website to a custom audience. You can save this custom audience to target it with an ad campaign designed to convert these visitors into social media followers.
- To create your custom audience, click on the main menu icon in the ads manager dashboard, and then click on the “audiences” option under “assets”.
- Now click on “create audience”. Then click on the “custom audience” option. Now select “website traffic” as the source of your audience.
- As you can see, website visitors tracked by your Facebook Pixel will be added to this custom audience. Enter a name for your new custom audience in the “name your audience” field and click on “create audience”. Now click on “done”.
Your new custom audience is ready, and you can target your website visitors with a Facebook ad campaign. ( Facebook Marketing Tips )
4. Creating The Campaign
- Click on the “create ad” button to go to the campaign creation page. Now select “engagement” as your campaign objective.
- This campaign objective will optimize your campaign to get more people to see and engage with your posts or page. To generate new social followers on Facebook, select “page likes”,
- Now enter a name for your new campaign in the “campaign name” field and click on “set up ad account”. Select your account country, your currency, and your time zone. Then click on “continue”.
5. Creating The Ad Set
- Now it is time to create the ad set. First, enter a name for this ad set in the “ad set name” field. Now select the Facebook page that you are going to promote from the “Facebook Page” menu.
- Now it is time to add your custom audience to this campaign. Click on the “custom audiences” field and then click on the name of the custom audience that you just created.
- Now select your “locations”, “age”, “gender”, “languages”, “detailed targeting”, and “placements”.
- Now select your ad set “budget”, enter your ad spend, and select a schedule. Click on “continue” to start creating the ad.
6. Creating The Ad
- Enter a name for your new ad in the “ad name” field. Both “identity” and “ad formats” are pre-selected, so scroll down to the “media” section to upload an image, video, or slideshow to your ad. In this example, we’ll upload the logo of our business to promote our page.
- Now add a brief description of your business in the “text” field. In this example, we’ll also add a shortened version of our business website URL to leverage traffic to this ad.
You can click on “confirm” after you customize your ad.
As you can see, this might actually be the safest, easiest way to build a qualified following in the most popular social media platform around!
I hope this helped 🙂 10 Methods & Tips for Facebook Remarketing